Xian Lim Turns 22

Star Magic artist Xian Lim celebrated his 22nd birthday by organizing a party at a home for the aged known as Anawim Lay Missions Foundation in the province of Rizal yesterday, July 19. It was a dream come true for Xian who has been inspired by Diether Ocampo’s charity works via K.I.D.S. Foundation. “When we worked together in Mamarazzi, para siyang kuya na nagbibigay ng advice kasi halos pareho kami ng interests. He was giving me advice about bands kasi nagbanda din siya, Tapos sabi niya he started small with K.I.D.S. And gusto ko rin magkaroon ng ganoong experience in life.”

Since he’s not used to throwing parties with his friends anyway, Xian said that celebrating with the 48 abandoned elderly in Anawim is the perfect opportunity for him to organize a charity event. “Ever since we talked about his foundation, it has always been at the back of my mind. And also, my mom always encourages me to do what I can to help others. Just to make the elderly smile is already a big deal, so why not provide entertainment for them?”

Xian provided food and lots of entertainment, which included several party games, a magic show, and impromptu production numbers by the elderly themselves. Xian even played a boogie song on the piano while the lolos and lolas danced to the music. “It’s really fulfilling to see them so happy after our program. You can just imagine how lonely they are most of the time because they don’t have their families with them. I wish next time it would be a bigger event, mas madaming tao na matulungan, mas madaming giveaways at mas bonggang entertainment. That’s what I really want to do.”