Bea Alonzo Posed as Audrey Hepburn

Bea Alonzo was transformed into Audrey Hepburn as Sabrina from the movie of the same name for Velvet Channel’s Tribute To The Oscars photo exhibit. Bea said that she was very excited to be part of the event for the first time. “This is my first time to be part of the competition. But I’ve heard so much about the experience of Shaina (Magdayao), Diether (Ocampo), the previous years kaya naiinggit ako. When they asked if I wanted to be part of the competition this year, I immediately said yes lalo na nung sinabi nilang I will play Audrey Hepburn.”

Other celebrities who will be transformed to look like Hollywood stars as part of Velvet Channel’s preparations for the special live airing of the 83rd Academy Awards include John Lloyd Cruz, Zsa Zsa Padilla, Jewel Mische, Empress, Julia Montes, the Philippine Azkals, and Kim Chiu. Bea talked about what she loved the most about the iconic Hepburn. “I love Audrey Hepburn pero ‘yung Breakfast at Tiffany’s pa lang ang movie niya na napapanood ko. I like her not just as an actress but also as a fashion icon. I like her look na naka little black dress. I also love her hair. I love doing period photo shoots.”

The 23-year-old actress was last seen in the ‘fashion-serye’ Magkaribal wherein she played a couture designer. For Bea, fashion is a very exciting art industry just like acting. “I love reading different fashion magazines, watching fashion shows. I consider fashion as an art, just like acting. That’s why I have much respect for stylists, designers, makeup artists. Kaya working with them is a big honor for me. Kahit na mga baguhan I want to work with them.”

In her 2008 teleserye I Love Betty La Fea, Bea underwent a different look transformation to play her character as the ugly secretary Betty. She said that having to play the life of someone else was the main reason she pursued acting. “I’m excited kapag iniiba ‘yung hitsura ko kasi that’s the reason naman why I got into acting. I want to play different roles. I want to be someone else at the same time. Kakalimutan mo ‘yung sarili mo to play a doctor, then after lawyer ka naman. Ang acting hindi siya katulad ng ibang office jobs na for eight hours everyday pare-pareho ang ginagawa mo. It’s like a journey.”

Bea’s top bet for this year’s Oscar race is Natalie Portman’s performance in the much talked about movie Black Swan. “That scene when she went in the restroom and she called her mom to say that she got the part. For that alone I know she deserves to win Best Actress. Ang galing niya kasi alam mong sobrang saya ng emotion niya pero makikita mo sa mata niya na kailangan niyang I suppress. Ang galing.”

All the photos in this year’s competition will be unveiled on February 24 at the Rockwell Power Plant Mall.

The Oscars air live on Velvet Channel on February 28, beginning at 6:30 am with On the Red Carpet: The Arrivals; 8 am Oscars Red Carpet Live; 9:30 am The 83rd Annual Academy Awards; and 1 pm E! After Party: The 2011 Academy Awards. Primetime telecast begins at 7 pm with On the Red Carpet: The Arrivals; 8 pm Oscars Red Carpet Live; 9:30 pm The 83rd Annual Academy Awards; and 12:30 am (February 29) E! After Party: The 2011 Academy Awards.

Source: www.push.com.ph