Gary Valenciano to Take a Short Break from Showbiz

Mr. Pure Energy Gary Valenciano said he is planning to go abroad to take a short break from showbiz.

In an interview during a photo shoot for his new music video on Wednesday, Valenciano said he wants to study music abroad and then return home to teach Filipinos what he learned.

"May plano akong umalis for a while to study abroad and come back and teach what I learned, which is music production. I really want to do this, that's my effort in giving back to the industry that has given so much to me," he said.

"I brought up the topic again kasi 3 to 4 years ago I want to study but I couldn't kasi pumasok 'yung 25th anniversary ko, ganito at ganyan at teleserye theme song na I had to promote, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think na it's time to go tutal si Gabriel (his son), baka mag-aral din abroad. Si Jericho Rosales (his talent) nga nandoon sa [abroad] so if he can do it maybe I can do it also now. Tutal it's been 29, 30 years in the industry I think I can do something different."

Asked if he feels insecure with today's generation of singers, Valenciano said, "Wala na akong kailangang i-prove pa sa tao. I think the best thing I can do now is to give back, pay forward by helping the new generation achieve, maybe even more, than what I achieved."

Valenciano shot a music video for the song "Love Story, Where Do I Begin." The song is part of his album "With Love, Gary V," which is a compilation of all the teleserye and movie theme songs he recorded.

The album will be released under Star Records, ABS-CBN's record label.

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com