ABS-CBN and Kapamilya Stars Saddened With AJ Perez Demise

ABS-CBN, meanwhile, issued a statement regarding the actor's death.

"ABS-CBN sympathizes with AJ's Family on his untimely demise and urges everyone to pray for the eternal repose of AJ's soul and for the family and love ones he left behind," the network said in a statement read by Corporate Communications manager Kathy Solis over dzMM.

Fans and co-workers took to the social media networks to express their shock about the news of Perez's sudden death. They also expressed messages of sympathy to the actor's family.

"Aj. You were like a brother to me. You'll always be in my heart. May you rest in peace.'," wrote young actress Lauren Young who was paired with Perez in the television series Sabel.

"I'm going to miss you so much. My loveteam, my friend, my brother. All I know is you're in a better place now and I won't question that," she added.

"We are so saddened with the passing of AJ Perez (@ajperez17). Rest in peace brother. :( #fb," tweeted actor Enchong Dee.

":( condolences and prayers of comfort and strength to the family and love ones of aj perez... Such sad news.." beauty queen Lara Quigaman said in her Twitter account.

"I'm still in shock. My condolences to the family of AJ Perez. napakabait na bata," shared actress Angel Locsin.