Matteo Guidicelli Won't Go Back to Racing

Television host and actor Matteo Guidicelli said he does not have plans to go back to racing.

In an interview on "Showbiz News Ngayon" last Tuesday, Guidicelli said his mom prevented him to go back to the sport after he figured in an accident.

“My mom wanted me to stop kasi 'yong last race ko nagka-aksidente ako. As of now, wala akong balak to go back to racing,” he said.

Guidicelli started racing at the age of 11.

He has received a number of awards since then including the 2002 Philippine Cadet 85 Class; 2003 Asian Championships, ICA Jr.; 2004 Philippine Open Class; 2004 Philippine Rotax Max Jr.; 2005 ICA Superkart Series Championship; and 2006 Philippine 125 Open.

In a separate interview, Guidicelli revealed that he wants to focus more on his career and learn the ropes of show business better.

He also said he want to go back to school and finish his course at Columbia College in Chicago.

“I went to college. I studied in Columbia College in Chicago. It’s a performing arts school in Chicago. It’s a 4-year course to get a BA but natapos ko lang ang 2 years kasi na-homesick ako. Pero next year I’m going to go back to school. I’m going to finish my course,” he said