Jericho Rosales Happy to Stay With ABS-CBN

Jericho Rosales, who is busy wrapping up more episodes of I Dare You along with co-hosts Iya Villania and Melai Cantiveros, is set to leave the country at end of this month to undergo a two-month acting course in the U.S. Before he leaves, he admitted he would like to put to rest any speculation of any network transfer because he has already been able to meet with the ABS-CBN heads. “I asked them if they still needed someone like me and they said they did. Then I asked if they had something for me and they presented me with things I really liked,” he admitted.

Echo also revealed he has another album in the works as well as a proposed movie project. These are the reasons why he is happy with the way his career is going under the Kapamilya network. “Hindi ako nagyayabang. May offer always for me to go somewhere else. Hindi ko masasabi na mas matindi yung offer ng ganyan, ni ganito. Definitely one thing na hindi ko gagawin sa career ko is to slap ABS-CBN in the face,” he added.

Echo admitted that another big factor that greatly weighed in on his decision to stay on with the Kapamilya network was the thought of his fans based abroad. He said no particular person influenced him to reconsider. “No it’s not sino. It’s kung paano nila ipinakita yung halaga ko sa kanila and then yung mga bagay na magagawa ko with them. It’s connected to my purpose in life as an artist. I love TFC. That’s also one consideration and gustong-gusto ko maka-reach out sa mga Filipinos abroad and for me, I hate to sound so serious pero ganun talaga yun eh. Sineseryoso ko talaga yung career ko at yung buhay ko. Yun yung nagbibigay sa akin ng joy,” he shared.

I Dare You, the first collaboration between ABS-CBN’s News and Current Affairs division and TV Entertainment Group, promises to change the views and lives of famous and ordinary Kapamilyas starting July 11, Monday. Celebrity Kapamilya challengers will experience the lives of ordinary people like market vendors, laborers, garbage collectors, people with disabilities, among others.

In the first episode of I Dare You, Jericho will return to his roots in Marikina city where he used to sell fish and be a kargador in a wet market. Joining him for the challenge are popular dancer and theater actor Gab Valenciano and multi-awarded actress Alessandra De Rossi. Echo said that his new role as a host in I Dare You is something he is very excited about because it allows him to reach out and help as well as entertain people. “Matagal na ito. It’s always been my dream na meron ako sa loob ko, I’m really passionate about trying to help. Gusto ko ulit ng makabuluhang drama, so mga ganun,” he said.