Iya Villania Faces Biggest Challenge in I Dare You

With her hands full with hosting duties on Kapamilya shows like Umagang Kay Ganda, I Dare You, and Studio 23’s Us Girls and with being a MYX VJ, Iya Villania said her hosting skills are still constantly being challenged especially with her newest reality show, I Dare You. “It’s really quite an experience. I’ve never had this kind of experience before. It’s really different and something that’s really for the books. Hindi ko makakalimutan. Each and every taping day it’s always a new setting, there’s always a different situation. It’s always a different experience. Kung paano ka na lang maaapektuhan or matatamaan, that really depends on the situation, where you are and the people you are surrounded with,” she told Push.com.ph.

The 25-year-old host said that since the new reality series has a different set of celebrity challengers and beneficiaries each week, it adds to the unique quality of the show, which is a first time collaboration between ABS-CBN’s News and Current Affairs division and TV Entertainment Group.

Iya considers it one of the biggest challenges to host a show like I Dare You. “I think ang pinaka-challenging sa akin is ang pagiging host dito. I think that we’re not just hosts kasi, we’re just as good as challengers. Kasi babad din kami. We’re there by the challenger’s side, with each challenge that they do. We also have to have that authority. We need to motivate, we need to keep everyone together. Kailangan pa naming intindihin yung mechanics, the rules. So it’s really quite a workload too. It’s also a mental and physical workout. You really need good rest before and after taping for this show because it really takes so much out of you,” she explained.

A self-confessed morning person, Iya said she really makes it a priority to get enough rest now that she’s juggling three shows at the same time. “Physically, I work out kaya it’s really tiring. That’s why sleep is so important to me. Quality is very important, so if I have to sacrifice something, I’d rather sacrifice that instead of looking like an idiot or tired on cam,” she admitted.

Iya shared that her longtime boyfriend Drew Arellano has also been very supportive of her doing I Dare You, even when there was a possibility of they’re shows going head to head with each other. “He was not surprised I accepted this project. He knows how I can be. He was pretty excited also. Initially nga katapat nga nito yung show niya eh. But he didn’t think anything of it naman, wala naman. Friendly competition pa rin,” she admitted.

Iya said she is also happy with her I Dare You co-hosts Jericho Rosales and Melai Cantiveros. “I’d like to think that we gel. I’d like to think that we complement each other. Echo’s the authoritative one. I’m more of the kabarkada of the challengers than them. Then you have Melai who’s the comedian. Even at the beginning, I think we were able to get along well with each other,” she shared.

Even after over eight years of hosting experience, Iya said she is still looking forward to experiencing new things when it comes to hosting. “I don’t know what else I’d like to do. Anything that’s different siguro. Anything that I’m not familiar with is a challenge and I love challenges,” she admitted.

Source: www.push.com.ph