Atty. Adel Tamano Joins ANC

Lawyer and educator Adel Tamano joins the roster of ANC’s reputable and credible anchors as he hosts his first talk show “Tamano Perspective.”

"To be honest, I'm nervous. What we would like to try to do is to make the viewer make sense of the news. That's why we called it the 'Tamano Perspective' because it's just one perspective. And by giving our perspective maybe it will help the viewers have their own," Tamano said during a press conference on Monday.

The "Tamano Perspective", which will be aired every Thursday starting July 14, will examine the latest news stories that can range from nationalism to family values and social media.

Aside from delivering roundup news, Tamano will also give his opinion as a lawyer and educator.

Tamano, dubbed as a "celebrity" lawyer because of his celebrity clients, shared that he would also love to do interviews with big stars like Sharon Cuneta and Robin Padilla.

"Ako, honestly I would like to interview Robin Padilla, partly because pareho kaming Muslim. And I would like to give him the opportunity to share ang pagka-Muslim niya... I admire him because nadapa siya tapos tumayo siya ulit. That's what makes him a star for me," he said.

"Sa babae (gusto kong interbiyuhin) ay si Sharon Cuneta because she's the Megastar. I grew up watching her movie. I would probably ask her how it is to be married to a politician. What are the challenges?" Tamano said.

In politics, Tamano said he would want to do a one-on-one with President Benigno Aquino III and the country's first woman President, Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.

"I would like to have the President (Aquino) guest on the show. Eto, this I think would make a good interview but she would never agree to come I think, but I'd like to interview [Gloria Macapagal Arroyo]. I will ask her, 'Bakit ka nag-sorry? Nag-sorry ka saan?'" he said.

Tamano, the first Filipino Muslim to graduate from Harvard Law School, is also the first Filipino Muslim to host his own TV show.

"I think it's important for Filipino Muslims to see fellow Filipino Muslims succeeding so that they will say, 'I can do that also,'" he said.

For the first episode of "Tamano Perspective," Tamano will have former President Fidel V. Ramos to discuss the presidency in time for Aquino's first year anniversary in office.

"Tamano Perspective" is set to debut this Thursday, July 14 at 7 p.m. on ANC Skycable channel 27.

Meanwhile, ANC's senior anchor David Celdran returns with another season of "View from the Top," a 30-minute show about personalities at the top of their game.

"View from the Top" with Celdran airs every Monday, 9:30 p.m. also on ANC Skycable channel 27.